2. I have been passionately in love with the same woman for over 30 years.
3. I'm amazed that my 21 year old son and I go to concerts such as Velvet Revolver, AC/DC, Breaking Benjamin, Fuel, Theory of a Deadman, Chicken Foot, Journey, Def Leppard, Aerosmith et al... and he is not embarrassed by my presence.
4. I'm a republican but have made far more political donations to democrats.
5. My family is extremely close
6. My wife, son and both daughters each have an amazing sense of humor.
7. I have an almost perfect memory back to the womb for everything except numbers and names. And that is why I went into the number intensive world of real estate finance.
8. I never wrote anything longer than five pages in high school and the first thing I wrote since--25 years later--was my novel, The Thieves of Heaven.
9. There is nothing greater than riding a horse in the mountains of Wyoming or skiing the peaks of Utah and looking out at the amazing country we live in.
10. Seeing the aged faces of the musicians and actors from my youth is a sad reminder that the clock is ticking for us all.
11. I hate flying yet I have flown over 400,000 miles.
12. I love music as much as life, all types from Zeppelin to Brad Paisley, Metallica to Leonard Bernstein, Clapton to Gustov Holst. My IPod is a 9000 strong, schizophrenic amalgam of songs.
12A. I write and play all of the instruments in the trailer music for all of my book trailers.
13. I believe in living and staying focused in the moment; life is great but our preoccupations with the mundane makes us miss it.
14. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, never have, never will but I'll never preach about it nor judge people over it. Of course, my abstinence worked out well for all my friends who partook of my share. ( I did drink champagne at my wedding and out of the Stanley Cup?who wouldn't?)
15. Am I the only one who finds American Idol a sad commentary on life and how cruel people can be? Not to mention the heartrending, distorted, self image of those seeking celebrity as a mark of success.
16. I wish people would educate themselves beyond a newspaper headlines before talking like an expert.
17. I go to sleep at 3:00 AM and get up at 7:30
18. The best part of a triathlon is the unlimited bagels and bananas at the finish line.
19. My wife competes and wins on a national basis in Ballroom and Latin dance and has appeared in the Dancing with Stars Tour. And, of course, I can't dance to save my life.
20. My closest friend, Tony Bellantoni, and I married sisters which makes the holidays amazing and our kids cousins.
21. I am eternally filled with hope and I've always endeavored to spread it.
22. I've always been a listener.
23. Wouldn't it be great if we spoke of people with the same reverence, incite, and passion before they died, before they were eulogized?
24. Our friends come from all walks of life and couldn't be more different (artists, lawyers, actors, newscasters, landscapers, professional athletes, Wall Streeters, mechanics, musicians, politicians). There is nothing better than our dinner parties where we sit those with divergent opinions next to each other at the table, sit back, and watch the conversations fly.
25. I consider myself beyond lucky and privileged to have the amazing life I have led.